Wednesday, April 16, 2008

 

Ordinarily, I would disagree

Ordinary is good and I would choose it for my life most of the time but when it comes to computers and systems, one would look for something quite extraordinary. Take virtualization for instance, I had gone with Virtualbox because it seemed to have many things going for it. I tried it and got it to install Ubuntu which was what I wanted. So I got the desktop going without too much incidence but I ran afoul of something else (PAE) when I tried installing the server flavor of Ubuntu. There were workarounds which involved a different kernel being installed and removing the one Ubuntu-server had, but somehow I did not think I would want to go that route.

If that is the ordinary behavior of Virtualbox, if it were to be useful only if one went around and did something more, tweak it a bit to get it to work then I would not want that kind of ordinary.

Anyway, here's Cagayan de Oro City with another one: Cagayan de Oro City. My Cebu City site has made pr1, surprise, surprise. Dumaguete is still in the boondocks as far as Google goes but Dumaguete has made some headway.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
textlinks rank-power.com - boost your website!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Razr
Verizon Cell Phones